Slater Trout began working on his signature SUP race fin in 2010. Slater was after a specifically designed course racing fin which would combine all elements required to provide an all-round fin.
Nicknamed the 'all-rounder' SIater’s FCS Signature fin quickly became one of the most popular all-round racing/surfing/touring fins. In the legendary “Battle of the Paddle” in 2011, more than half of the top 10 racers were using Slater's fin.
- • It's light! Made from carbon fiber glass and high density foam in a unique RTM construction.
- • It's got enough rake to shed kelp and weed in almost any situation.
- • It's medium shallow, has less drag and more control when riding the race boards in waves.
- • It’s trailing edge is up right which helps with quick tight Buoy turns.
- • At 8.5’’ in depth the low area and low drag is ideal for sprinting and shallow spots.
- • It's one of the most popular race fins in the world.
- • Comes standard with FCS smart screw which works with a FCS Key.